7th Annual "2019 World ISA Student Games" by ISA-SAIT Student Section.
- The "2019 World ISA Student Games" is an annual collaborative international competition
between students from schools across Canada, the United States, South America, South
East Asia, and is planned primarily by graduating students in the Instrumentation
Engineering Technology (IIET) Program at SAIT.
- Over the Games weekend, mixed teams will compete in a series of
instrumentation/automation tasks, which may include: DCS programming scenarios, online
flow measurement, valve/positioner assembly/calibration, process load response, and
instrumentation calibration and measurement.
- Visiting students are separated and placed on teams where all team members are not of
their own college/university, to thoroughly promote soft skills within these newly
minted, technically trained teams, emulating the true work force environment.
District 14 will go to the Games!!
- We are excited to bring this opportunity ISA Student members of District 14 to
participate in the above prestigious competition.
- The games are scheduled to take place in the premises of Sothern Alberta Institute of
Technology, SAIT, Calgary, Canada from March 13th to March 16th, 2019.
- This year's games will host 18 schools including students from ISA Sau Paulo (Brazil),
ISA (India), Cork Institute of Technology (Ireland), ISA Houston (Texas), Bellingham
Technical College (Washington), Francis Tuttle Technology Center (Oklahoma), Virginia
Tech (Virginia), and 10 other Canadian universities and technical colleges.
- ISA Bangalore section has been supporting/ facilitating student members participation
in the event since 2016. Click
here to see the reports of the past participation from ISA Bangalore.
- This program is now being extended to the Students Sections of the entire ISA District
14. A total of 6 Students is selected for participation in the event for 2019.
- While ISA SAIT takes care of the all the lodging and boarding expenses during the stay
of the students during the event, ISA District 14 assists students in finding the
travel sponsorships. However, the travel sponsorships are not guaranteed.
- The selection of the interested ISA student members to participate in the event is
through an online test, conducted by ISA Bangalore in association with ISA District 14.
- The online test includes general aptitude questions, questions on control systems,
digital electronics, operational amplifiers, process control, communication protocols
- The test is followed by personal interviews of the shortlisted candidates
conducted over video conference. The details of the process to be followed for the
online test and the interview is made available through an email to the registered
- Only 3rd and 4th year students are eligible.
- Only Student ISA members are eligible for participation in the event.
- Registration is necessary to participate in the event.
- Jan 09, 2019 : Last date for registration
- Jan 12, 2019 : Online test
- Jan 14, 2019 : Skype interview calls to shortlisted students
- Jan 19, 2019 : Selection Process completed
- Jan 23, 2019 : Visa Invitation Letters Received
- Jan 31, 2019 : Travel details completed. Tickets purchased
- Feb 01, 2019 : Visa applications made (Valid Passport needed)
- Feb 28, 2019 : Visas received
- Mar 11, 2019 : Proceed to Canada
More Information about the Games:
- List of participating schools for 2019 editon of games are as follows
- Bellingham Technical College
- Francis Tuttle Technology Center
- ISA District 12 (Spain/Ireland)
- ISA District 14 (India)
- Lambton College
- McMaster University
- Red Deer College
- Red River College
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic
- University of Alberta
- University of Calgary
- University of Houston
- University of Houston Downtown
- Virginia Tech
- The list of participating schools for the 2017, 2018 edition
of the games are as follows:
- CIT, Vancouver, British Columbia
- U of C, Calgary, Alberta
- U of A, Edmonton, Alberta
- NAIT, Edmonton, Alberta
- Saskatchewan Polytechnic, Moosejaw, Saskatchewan
- McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario
- Lambton College, Sarnia, Ontario
- Red River College, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Francis Tuttle Technology Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Bellingham Technical College, Bellingham, Washington
- Campinas ISA Section, Sao Paulo Brazil
- Bangalore ISA Section, Bangalore, India
- Houston ISA Section, Houston, Texas